Our approach to working with each client:
- is positive and proactive in nature
- focuses on explicit teaching of new skills
- is tailored to meet each individual clients unique needs
- utilizes positive reinforcement to maintain active learning
- relies on evidence based practices and data based decision making as outline by The National Professional Development Center on ASD
- understanding and using language
- social skills instruction
- communicating and interacting with peers
- age appropriate play skills
- conceptual thinking and cognitive/academic skills
- adaptive behavior, including emotional regulation and self-help skills
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) as the primary assessment tool. Information regarding the assessment can be found at avbpress.com.
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA's) are utilized for clients who display pervasive challenging behavior. Information regarding FBA's can be found under our resource tab.
- Curriculum Based Measurements (CBM's) are a standards based academic assessment in Reading, Writing, and Math. These assessments will be used when appropriate for academic/cognitive skill development. For more information on CBM's can be found at Reading Rockets